CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Quick Cookies

My family and I love fresh baked cookies. I use to buy the frozen dough from Trader Joe's at $3.99 a box for about a dozen. Not very frugal. They were good just out of the oven but they did not keep well for the next day. I am not an avid baker so fresh baked cookies were a luxury and my kids were more likely to get one from the supermarket than from me. However, one day I did decide to bake some cookies and I thought of making a double patch and freezing them. Well, I lost steam half way through the dough. I decided to just freeze the dough in rounded teaspoons. I placed them on cookie sheets covered in parchment paper. I covered it with another piece of parchment paper and froze them. After they were hard, I put them in a large ziploc bag. Now, whenever I hear: "Cookies, Mom." I pull about a half dozen and in 12 minutes I have fresh baked cookies for my little monsters. It is also great when you have unexpected guests or you are told by your child that he promised cookies for his entire class. Sometimes, I am on the ball. Only Sometimes. Jen

Part of the Works For Me Wednesday- Back to School Themed Edition

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. I usually will bake the cookies and then freeze them but no reason not to just freeze the dough!

    ReplyDelete