CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Santa Clarita Aquatic Center

Today, Jen and I brought all of the kids to the Santa Clarita Aquatic Center.
Neither of us had ever been there. We didn't even know that we practically passed right by it on our trips to Wal-Mart Supercenter.
We had a blast. It cost $9 for entry for me and my 3 kids ($2 per kid, $3 for me). Well worth the price.
My littlest (3) was asking to go back "real soon" tonight at dinner. We arrived at 12:30 and stayed until 3:30. A bonus, my skin isn't all itchy and my eyes are not bloodshot like they usually are after I visit a public pool. The water must be chemically well maintained .
My oldest (8) was able to pass the swim test and jump off of the high dive in the adjacent pool. made. her. day.
There is a 160 foot water slide (kids need to be 48 inches tall) that is "awesome" according to the kids. A giant wading pool is filled with water activities and a smaller slide that my 3 yr-old must have gone down fifty times.
I know that this will be a frequent destination this summer. It was a last minute trip today so next time we will be able to plan a little better:
  • Outside food is not allowed, we will pack a lunch and eat it prior to entering the facility
  • There are limited shady areas so maybe we will arrive an hour or so before opening to try to snag a spot at the front of the line (good time to eat lunch)
  • It's right around the corner from WalMart Supercenter, so we will do our WalMart shopping after swimming next time to save on gas
Sue

2 comments:

  1. Hi two frugal moms! What a great premise for a blog! I love it! L.A. IS expensive--I know! We're a little too far to enjoy your Santa Clarita finds, but I will be checking in see what other things you guys come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surette-Nelson Collective,
    Thanks for checking in! We hope that you find things that will be useful to you in the future. Let us know your favorites as well!

    ReplyDelete