CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Shoes

My kids needed shoes, bad... all three of them.
That could mean that I could spend several hundred dollars, easily.
A friend of mine has mentioned the Skechers outlet to me in the past, but I had never been there, until today. Since my kids (and I) usually choose Skechers even when there is a huge selection of brands, I figured that the Skechers Outlet would be perfect for us. It was.
TONS of Skechers shoes, all sizes and colors. All on sale... for real sale, not the phony mark up 30% so they can take off 30% later.
I purchased eight pairs of shoes for around $140 including tax. That includes a pair of "school shoes" for each of the girls. Their school has a strict dress code that requires white shoes. Girls sporty shoes that have only white (not pink, not green, not other neon color trim) can be difficult to find. Last year, I paid over $120 for two pair of almost the exact same shoe that the girls chose today.
We went to Skechers USA Warehouse Outlet 27 in Van Nuys, but there are others around Los Angeles.

To make room for the new shoes, I instructed each child to go to their room and return with 4 pairs of shoes that no longer fit, or that they do not wear. We are donating the nearly new and gently worn shoes to Soles4Souls. I see that there is a drop-off nearby. I'm sure there is one near you as well.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment